The Women’s Ministry at LSBC strives to be a catalyst in Christian faith, drawing together women in partnership with God, to inspire, advocate, and nurture the gifts and graces….. of women.
During our meetings we have fellowship time, a devotional time, we recognize world missionary work, and we collectively complete projects to be donated to a local charity. Oh and YES there is food! It wouldn’t be a Baptist ministry without FOOD!
Service activities have included-
- creating beautiful centerpieces, to add to the church’s Thanksgiving Day baskets given to needy families within our community
- donating snack items to Maryland’s Operation Welcome Home – for returning military troops and families
- creating fleece pillows to donate to the residences of Pear Tree Assisted Living Home
- preparing and serving a meal at the Ronald McDonald House in Baltimore
- collecting baby shower gift items to donate to Mary’s Place- a resource center for expectant mothers
Meetings are generally held on the first Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm in the Backyard Ministry’s Building, but occasionally we may meet at someone’s home. We invite all the women of our church community, 18 and older to come to our meetings throughout the year and see what a difference it can make in your spiritual journey.
Below: January SASSY sisters meeting, preparing meals for Anne Arundel County’s Winter Relief program.
Thursday Morning Bible Study
Please join the Women’s Ministry on Thursday mornings for Bible Study! Thurs. morning Bible Study runs September through May, and is led by Marianela Furgerson & Brittany Pules in the Fellowship Hall. The current study is The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst. Childcare is provided.
Email Brittany Pules with questions.
Wednesday Evening Bible Study
Please join the Women’s Ministry on Wednesday evenings @ 7:00pm for Bible Study! Wednesday evening Bible Study runs September through May, and is led by Jean Blizzard in the Worship Center. The current study is All Things New by Kelly Minter.
Email Jean Blizzard with questions.